1. Tomorrow, January 23rd is a student holiday.
2. The new semester begins Tuesday, January 24th. Report cards will go home Thursday, January 26th.
3. MCS will now accept at-home Covid test results as proof of positive or negative test results. Students with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, vomiting, or diarrhea must remain at home until they are symptom free for 24 hours. Please let Nurse Ange know if student is absent due to Covid.
4. Attention rising 7th graders.....NC requires students entering the 7th grade or by 12 years of age, whichever comes first, to receive one dose of the Meningococcal vaccine and a booster dose of the Tdap vaccine. After the first 30 days of the start of the 2023-2024 school year, students without these vaccines will not be allowed to attend school until he/she provides proof of the vaccines. It is highly recommended that you do not wait to receive these because the state often runs out. Please contact Nurse Ange if you have any questions or concerns.
5. Dress Code Reminders: Not hats or hoodies are to be worn inside the building, earbuds, airpods, and headphones should only be worn when needed in the classroom and not around the building, to lunch, etc., no sagging pants, long shirts to cover the bottom must be worn with leggings, bedroom shoes are not appropriate footwear
6. Phones are a nuisance and a huge disruption to our school day. For that reason, phones should be put in lockers during the day. Failure to do so could result in your phone being taken and kept by a teacher for the day. If a student chooses not to put their phone in their locker, it cannot be seen by a staff member. That means it cannot be visible even in a student's pocket. Refusing to turn in your phone when asked could result in other consequences.
7. Parents please speak with students about being respectful of other students and their teacher. We will not tolerate students taking away from the learning of other students and teachers not being able to do their job because of disruptions and misbehavior. We are starting our 2nd semester and we have a lot of work to do. We want everyone to have an equal opportunity for an education and to be able to do their best.
Thank you all for your continued support of RMS. #rmsknights