What Every One Needs to Know about the Media Center
- The large desk in the middle of the room is called the Circulation Desk. That is where book check in and check out takes place. Students should not go behind the desk for any reason.
- Please bring a Note when coming to the media center.
- Books are checked out for three weeks unless otherwise specified by their teacher.
- Fiction books are shelved in Alphabetical Order by the author’s last name. Nonfiction books are shelved by the Dewey Decimal System.
- New Books are displayed either on the Circulation Desk or on the large glass display in the media center.
- Students are allowed to check out a pleasure book at the same time as a class novel.
- eBooks are located on the RHS website (https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/1... and are available for check out to be read online. The user name and password is the student’s PowerSchool number.
- Students must have an Acceptable Use Policy ( AUP) on file before they are allowed to use the Internet. Students have access to NCWiseOwl and NCLive which are databases for students to use for research. To use the Infotrac in NCWiseOwl, the password is wiseowl16. To access NCLive, students must choose Beaufort, Martin, Hyde Regional Libraries for their institution and they must have a library card from the public library and use the library card number as the password.